We are committed to managing the information we collect to the highest standards and in compliance with privacy legislation. By accepting your consultation appointment with us, you give consent for us to collect and use your information as outlined below.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- Your name, address, email and contact details
- Your pet insurance policy number
- Your pet's details and health records.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will generally collect personal information:
- From you directly when you provide your details to us
- From a person responsible for you
- From third parties where the Privacy Act or other law allows it.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide health services to you
- To communicate with you
- To comply with our legal obligations which may include mandatory notification of zoonotic diseases
- To help us manage our accounts and administrative services.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information that we hold
This policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other
necessary developments. Please don't hesitate to speak to us if you have any questions regarding this policy.